Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cathedral Window quilt block revisited

Cathedral Window quilt block
by Jamie 

Remember the Cathedral Window quilt block Nancy Cabot published on April 13, 1933?




It was much too complicated to make as a 6" block for my sampler. The pieces would have been very tiny.

When I posted about it last summer, a reader left this message,

"I found this block in an old quilt book my mother gave me, and I love it! I broke the pattern down to all squares and triangles for ease of cutting and piecing. I am currently in the process of making a baby quilt as one big Cathedral Window block. The quilt is not yet complete, and it's already one of my favorites. :-)."

Well, that reader was Jamie and she sent me a picture of her large block which is also a small quilt to share with everyone. She used several different fabrics instead of just the two colors I showed for a much different look. I love it! It definitely makes a great large block and/or small quilt. I hope Jamie will share with us again after she gets it quilted.  Thanks Jamie!

On another note, I hope to be posting the blocks daily again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment