Friday, June 6, 2014

Rose of Tennessee quilt block

Rose of Tennessee
December 10, 1933-Nancy Cabot publishes yet another applique rose pattern today! This one is called Rose of Tennessee.

The pattern originated in Tennessee as the name implies according to Nancy. She said a quilt of "this design is a valuable addition to one's collection."

Regarding the colors to be used, she suggests the Rose of Tennessee pattern "is particularly effective when made in two shades of yellow, but the woman of taste who wants something different can choose a color scheme of her own."

I chose to use Nancy's suggestion and drew my block as such. Since this is an applique design, I did not make it for my sampler quilt.


This is another design that I have not been able to find any additional information on.

Tomorrow-Pieced Eight Point Star



No comments :

Post a Comment